Israel's Ancient Coast Group Day Tour Experience
Caesarea, Haifa, Acco, Rosh Hanikra!
This Tour Runs Every: Sundays/Tuesdays/Fridays
The Caesarea National Park contains the remains of a prestigious city established by King Herod the Great. This multi-faceted site contains historical remains from the Roman, Byzantine, and Crusader periods. It includes a crusader fortress made up of hidden pathways used for protection. The arched stone gate which provided entrance to the fortress is still intact today. You'll explore the mighty Roman Amphitheatre, the Hippodrome, a 20,000 seat horse racing arena, and of course the well known Roman Aqueducts.
Welcome to “The Eighth Wonder of the World.” Considered the most striking landmark in Haifa, the magnificence of these gardens leaves visitors stunned. The terrace gardens are built around a religious tomb/shrine and landscaped with precision, beauty and creativity. Built across 19 terraces, the gardens are laid out over half a mile along the hills of Mount Carmel. While exploring, be sure to ask your guide about the popular cactus garden, a particularly beautiful garden located very close to the shrine itself.
One of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, Akko dates back to the time of the Pharaoh Thutmose III and was a central city of the Ottoman Empire. First built in the year 960, the wall surrounding Akko was built by Ibn Tolon, an Islamic ruler. The structure was later renovated in the 13th century by the Crusaders, who added additional walls and towers. Destroyed by the Mamluks in 1290, the wall was finally rebuilt in 1750 by Dahar El-Omar. On your tour you'll also walk through some of Akko's vibrant markets.
Formed over a period of thousands of years from waves hitting the soft chalk rock on Israel’s coast, the beautiful Grottoes (sea caves) of Rosh Hanikra are truly a wonder of creation. You'll see water shooting high up off of the rocks, creating a natural fountain effect. Previously, only experienced divers could access the grottoes, however thanks to technology visitors can now ride via cable car from the mountain top down to sea level to walk within the grotto walls and experience the natural beauty right before their very own eyes.
Everything You Need!
- All Entrance Fees & Activities
- Air-conditioned Tour Vehicle/Bus
- Professional Tour Guides Licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
- Vehicle Registered with the Ministry of Tourism
Day Tour Highlights:
- Ancient City of Caesarea
- Haifa Bahai Gardens
- Akko Fortified Walls & Market
- Rosh Hanikra Grotto’s & Cable Car
How Early Should I Have My Coffee Rise n’ Shine
- Pick up from Tel-Aviv Hotels is between 7:20am-7:40am
- Pick up from Jerusalem Hotels is between 6am-6:15am (traffic!)
Anything Else I Need to Know? A Few Important Things
- All Day Tours are run in two languages – English + French/Spanish/German
- Jerusalem clients continue to Tel Aviv for client pick up and return to Jerusalem last.
- Comfortable, broken in walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, bathing suit, towel, and sandals or water shoes for the Dead Sea.
- Valuable belongings should never be left unattended in the tour vehicle.
- Shalom Israel Tours is not responsible for the the loss or damage of any luggage or personal belongings.
|Per Person from Tel Aviv||$99/ Person|
|Per Person from Jerusalem||$119/ Person|
|From Tel Aviv Business Class – 18 people max||$119/ Person|
|From Jerusalem Business Class – 18 people max||$139/ Person|